Supervisor: Corey Noonan, Account Leadership Manager
Hours: 8:30-5:00, Monday-Friday
Location: 180 N. Wacker Drive, Chicago IL 60606 // 467 Brighton Drive, Bloomingdale IL 60108
Benefits: Medical, dental, paid time off, gym membership contribution, 401(k) contribution, and more.
The Account Leader drives company growth and market share by fostering and maintaining existing client relationships as well as procuring new clients. The Account Leadership sales team facilitates planning, communication, and collaborative execution on each project.
- Serve clients well by carefully tending to their short-term and long-term needs and cultivate loyal and enduring relationships
- Win new business with our existing accounts by proposing ideas for new projects, revisiting past product solutions, and generating sales with additional client locations/divisions
- Build rapport with clients by responding quickly to requests, maximizing face time with key contacts, and hosting presentations about new products and important industry trends.
- Guide each project through the TIS order process by assuming a leadership role as you collaborate with the client, designers, project managers, account coordinators, and the operations team
- Provide learning opportunities for clients by hosting tours and social events at the Herman Miller showroom, as well as the Bloomingdale and Chicago office showrooms
- Review short-term and long-term goals, objectives, and ideas with the Account Leadership Manager
- Contribute during Account Leadership Team meetings by exchanging ideas with co-workers, sharing best practices, actively participating during new products trainings, and encouraging other sales team members
- Consistently and strategically broaden knowledge of office furniture through training, research, and the pursuit of diverse project opportunities in order to gain an well-informed familiarity with our products
- Bachelor's degree in applicable discipline or equivalent time spent in professional sales role
- 2 years of successful sales experience with a proven track record of planning/execution preferred
- Substantial knowledge of office furniture and/or experience in a related industry preferred
- A high energy, persuasive personality with the ability to close deals aggressively
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including experience in presentations and negotiations
- Ability to analyze situations, think creatively on one’s feet and solve problems under pressure
- Possession of a personal vehicle for the transportation of company products used for sales appointments
- Ability to effectively handle products for delivery or demonstrations without assistance
- Proficiency with office communication, CRM, and sales software tools